Tronskifte mellan musik och spel industrin

Inaktiv

Jag var på ett mycket bra seminarium idag med Martin Thörnkvist som har skivbolaget "songs I wish I had written". Jag skrev ett inlägg om det på bloggen men jag orkar tyvärr inte översätta det : p Så här är inlägget på engelska:

-"I haven't spoken too much lately about marketing since it's considered "bad" : p Though I really had some great responses on the other "marketing related posts" I've posted before. So here comes another one : )

This evening I was at a really great seminar that Martin Thörnkvist held about music and marketing over the Internet. Martin is the head of label and music strategist of the record label "Songs I wish I had written" and he shared his knowledge and thoughts about the future of music and digital information on the Internet.

After the seminar Martin and I had a good discussion about how the music industry and game industry had changed places in the last years.

10 years ago more or less all music was controlled by 4-5 major record companies that had all the power and money. People should be lucky just to get a record deal and not expect too much money from it. During the same time period the game industry on the other hand consisted of many smaller companies of which many were independent.

Today the file sharing on the Internet have made all the major record labels crumble and more independent record labels have started to emerge. This since its much easier and cheaper today than before to record, print, market and distribute music. On the contrary the game industry has gone the opposite way. Today there are 4-5 major game publishers that have taken the role of being ?the all mighty God? and if you don?t have a contract with one of them it?s really hard to make a big AAA game. This mainly because the costs of making games have sky rocketed because of the fact that it takes a lot of people many years to make a great game.

Today a lot of the marketing relies on people telling other people/friends on-line about certain things (?word by mouse?), such as "how great or shitty our game is" : p The ?power? of the individual person have grown and many companies today relies on that the consumer contributes with content, such as posting fan art, making fan web pages, starting communities and so on (look at WoW, Halo, GoW which all has massive fan support). The "social glue" is what many marketing people want to create, so that the fans come back time after time. Hope you don?t see our blog as that : p

So now go out and tell all of your friends about how great "Penalty of Heroes" is :p"

#blogg

Medlem

Tronskifte mellan musik- och spelindustrin*
(annars låter det som om tron :belief: skapade ett skifte mellan musik- och spelindustrin)

Annars bra läsning

Inaktiv

Så sant, lite särskrivning Går in o fixar det.

Medlem

Han nämnde inget om konsolernas nedladdningsbutiker eller appstore eller PC-världens många motsvarigheter. Där finns många billigare spel som tack vare låg utvecklings- och distributionskostnad har goda marginaler, och ger independent-utvecklare möjligheter de inte haft förut.

Detta kommer bara att växa, så jag håller inte med om hans grimma framtidsutsikter.

signatur

Aj, dina ögon!

Inaktiv
Skrivet av noaxark:

Han nämnde inget om konsolernas nedladdningsbutiker eller appstore eller PC-världens många motsvarigheter. Där finns många billigare spel som tack vare låg utvecklings- och distributionskostnad har goda marginaler, och ger independent-utvecklare möjligheter de inte haft förut.

Detta kommer bara att växa, så jag håller inte med om hans grimma framtidsutsikter.

Det var mer mina grimma framtidsutsikter

Jo du har rätt. Vi och vårt spel är ju en del av de som nu genom nätet kan släppa våra spel på egen hand. Det jag pratade mer om nu var om man ska göra "stor spel" så kan man i princip inte göra dessa själva idag.

Sen kommer det givetvis alltid att finnas undantag

Skriv svar