Nyhet: 100 miljoner blu-ray skivor under 2009

Medlem

Analytiker har kommit fram till att under 2009 ska 100 miljoner blu-ray skivor hinna säljas. Blu-ray som bekant har lyckats BETYDLIGT bättre än vad DVD gjorde under sina första år. De förutspår även att 2012 ska blu-ray ha gått om dvd:n i försäljning.

Last year, the Blu-ray industry saw an incredible boom in sales and production. Not only did the industry grow 400% in comparison to the previous year in Europe, but the discounted prices of HDTVs and Blu-ray players allowed the media format to top the lists of most HDTV owners as their most sought after gift. This year, Futuresource Consultants believe that Blu-ray will sell over one hundred million discs.

"In the USA, Blu-ray has moved from early adopter phase through to early majority, with the format gaining real traction in the marketplace," said Mai Hoang, a senior market analyst at Futuresource.

Hoang also revealed that over 24 million discs were sold in North America alone in 2008. This year though, Hoang expects Americans will buy roughly 80 million discs while the rest of the world contributes sales in excess of 20 million.

A colleague of Hoang, Jim Bottoms, feels that Blu-ray will take over majority market share from DVD come 2012.

"By 2012, around 50 per cent of US and 35 per cent of Western European video disc retail sale volumes will be Blu-ray," states Bottoms.

We know that we've enjoyed our Blu-ray experiences through our PlayStation 3 consoles, and will continue to do so as the years roll by. Do you plan on contributing to this astronomical number throughout 2009?

Källa: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2009-blu-ray-sales-to-e...

#blogg

signatur

- I mean gaming journalists look bad just writing about stuff, but when you put them in front of a camera...a whole new dimension of bad is created.

Medlem

Jag måste bara fråga. Du jobbar för Sony PR eller hur?

Medlem

nope, är säljare som har intresse för ny och spännande teknik. Jag kan inte rå för att Sony står för mycket av de nya teknologierna.

signatur

- I mean gaming journalists look bad just writing about stuff, but when you put them in front of a camera...a whole new dimension of bad is created.

Medlem

Man måste bara älska Blu-ray!
Det roliga är hur bl.a aftonbladet och andra medier försöker få det att låta som att Blu-ray är en rejäl flopp. Var till och med med i aftonbladets lista över 2008 års största tekniska floppar.
Vad har dem emot blu-ray?!

Givetvis tar jag deras listor med en nypa salt. Satt och fnissade för mig själv när jag läste det.

Länge leve Blu-ray!

Medlem

Ahh. Dom betalar Royalty varje gång du skriver någonting som har med PS3 eller Sony att göra.

Medlem

signatur

XBL:Sito Stargazer
PSN:Hicksmarine

Medlem

Vad har MS HD-DVD-läsare med saken att att göra?

Troll.

signatur

dom förnedrar hela Gamer-world!!!

Medlem

Så, med lite tur så kanske även vi dödliga kan köpa en Blu-ray-spelare nästa år! (:

signatur

Besök Patch Is Online för väldigt svala spelrecensioner.

Skriv svar