The hideout

Medlem
The hideout

When you realize that you are being chased by creatures, that are smelling your tasty brain and feel the urge to drink your blood, you and your friends have to find a place to hide. If you did not figure it out yet let me spell it out for you. THIS IS A ZOMBIE GAME!

Before you stop reading and think “Oh no, not another zombie game” please hear me out. This is NOT one of those typical zombie games that we all have played before. This one really has a special twist that will make you crave for more of that good stuff.

From now on I think I skip the whole narrative thing and focus on the game mechanics. At this point in the game you are more or less helpless against the horde of zombies coming after you. Luckily the zombies are slow at this point of the game (I explain the zombie aggression further in another post) so you will easily run away from them. The player should look for a good hideout. Any building will do at this point. Doors will keep the zombies away for a wile but eventually they will brake. To make your hideout more safe the player can use wood (a common resource that you can obtain from fences and other common wooden objects and items) to barricade the door. The barricade will keep the zombies on the outside even longer.

At a later point of the game you will have to face the cravings zombies possess so the smartest thing to do is to find some equipment to defend yourselves with. To find more equipment and food you will eventually have to abandon your first hideout. Every building spawns random items that can be used for various things. Different buildings however have a higher spawn rate for certain items. This is based on the logic in real life. Police stations will have a high possibility to spawn weapons and police equipment. The hospital will spawn a high rate of medical equipment. The supermarket may spawn batteries, food and other stuff you usually find in a place like that. The reason why the game is designed like this is so the player can use their common sense to find the items that they logically would need in this situation. This will also mean that the exploration aspect in the game gives a higher value to the experience as whole.

I will explain all this in upcoming posts but next time: THE MAP! as in the first picture on this blog! Yey!

#blogg

Skägg.
10 Chambers
The hideout

Har för mig att jag lirat något liknande, webbaserat på tiles. Spännande!

signatur
Medlem

Om du råkar komma på vad spelet heter skulle jag vara jätte tacksam om du skulle kunna meddela mig!

I am intrigued, continue.

signatur

"Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying." - Terry Pratchett

Medlem

I will! I fortsättningen kommer det bli måndagar som är fz-bloggdagen för mig. Har så många andra projekt vid sidan om. Mitt brädspel skall betatestas under veckoslutet denna vecka. Det blir skoj.

Skriv svar