Hur Westworld lurade Reddit

Skägg.
10 Chambers
Hur Westworld lurade Reddit

Den första säsongen av Westworld som upplagd för att kilometervis med teorier (och spoilers) skulle publiceras på internet, särskilt på platser såsom Reddit. Själv lyssnade jag på inte mindre än tre podcasts som varje vecka analyserade vad som hade hänt och gick igenom olika teorier om vad som faktiskt hände, och skulle hända, i serien. Vilket såklart skaparna var högst medvetna om och fick ta i beräkning inför den stundande andra säsongen.

Manusförfattaren Jonathan Nolan (bror till den andra Nolan som också gillar att lura människor) valde att utnyttja detta genom att helt enkelt rickrolla Reddit. Han skrev följande inlägg under en AMA.

Citat:

Hey Reddit!

Many thanks for your great questions and thoughts. As I've said before, I've been a member of the reddit community for years (no I'm not going to share my original username...). And I greatly enjoyed watching the friendly folks at this subreddit guess the twists and turns of the season.

It creates a larger problem for us, though, in terms of the way your guesswork is reported online. 'Theories' can actually be spoilers, and the line between the two is confusing. It's something we've been thinking about since last season. The fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).

We thought about this long and hard, and came to a difficult (and potentially highly controversial) decision. If you guys agree, we're going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front. That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what's 'theory' and what's spoiler.

It's a new age, and a new world in terms of the relationship between the folks making shows and the community watching them. And trust is a big part of that. We've made our cast part of this decision, and they're fully supportive. We're so excited to be in this with you guys together. So if this post reaches a 1000 upvotes we'll deliver the goods.

Hasta victoria siempre!

Jonah and Lisa

Inlägget fick såklart över 1000 röster. Såklart! Och skaparna la upp följande video som lovade avslöja precis allt om storyn i säsong 2 av Westworld.

10 av 10!

signatur
Medlem

Frågan är ju bara varför man skulle vilja ha en säsong spoilad efter att ha väntat på den i nästan 1,5 år?

Inaktiv

@whoo: dålig/ingen självkontroll?

Skriv svar