Islands of Nyne nu Gratis!

Releasehästryttare
Islands of Nyne nu Gratis!

Br spelet Islands of Nyne gick igår free to play!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/728540/Islands_of_Nyne_Bat...

Från spelskaparna:
"Hello all,

I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t been a challenging couple of weeks for myself and the rest of the team here at Define Human Studios. After much deliberation and with heavy hearts, we have decided to wind down the studio and end live development and updates on Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale.

Four years ago Jake and I said goodbye to our cozy 9-5 jobs, pooled our savings together, and embarked on a journey so remarkable neither of us could’ve imagined just how ambitious it would end up becoming. Not only did we get to fully realize our dream of developing a game that we wanted to play, but we were also fortunate enough to see the growth and cultivation of so many talented individuals - a reality which would never have been possible without the passion and support of so many inspiring fans. Unfortunately, all adventures come to an end, and for us, that time has come a little earlier than we would’ve liked. The reality now is we are no longer able to financially support development costs despite our efforts to turn things around with our latest update and pricedrop. However, If there was a silver lining to be had here it would be that as of 12pm PST today Islands of Nyne will become f2p and servers will continue to stay up for the foreseeable future. In addition, for those of you who purchased Islands of Nyne or any skins from the in-game item store from November 29th, 2018 through today, we have notified Valve to approve any refund requests for those purchases regardless of time spent in game.

We will be releasing one more update which will include a credits screen in the main menu thanking all those who contributed to the creation of Islands of Nyne in addition to those who backed the project during our various crowdfunding campaigns. We are also exploring server hosting solutions which would allow players to host custom matches without our direct involvement. We would like Islands of Nyne to always be playable regardless of the lack of updates, so please bear with us while we fully explore our options on how to best achieve this.

In closing, I want to sincerely thank all those who left a positive impact on our lives- our devoted playtesters, our content creator community that streamed countless hours of IoN, the players who left us constructive feedback, and any team-member’s significant other who had to deal with me telling their loved one to get back to work. Thank you for being a part of this journey with us and we hope you look back on your Islands of Nyne experience as one of excitement and fun.

-Define Human team"

Medlem

Hur kommer det sig att det var så få spelare?

Spelet i sig verkade ju bra, och utifrån de video-reviews jag sett såg det riktigt roligt ut.

EDIT: Det kanske var för dyrt, i och för sig, men om det nu går free-to-play kanske det blir många fler spelare?

signatur

|| Intel 8700K || Asus RTX 4070 TI Super TUF || Samsung 750 EVO 500GB & Kingston A2000 1TB & Samsung 960 EVO 250GB || Corsair RM 850x || Antec P183 || Asus G-Sync RoG Swift PG279Q || Dell XPS 15 || Thinkpad X220

The Force is like Duct Tape, it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together.

Skrivet av Dunder:

Hur kommer det sig att det var så få spelare?

Spelet i sig verkade ju bra, och utifrån de video-reviews jag sett såg det riktigt roligt ut.

EDIT: Det kanske var för dyrt, i och för sig, men om det nu går free-to-play kanske det blir många fler spelare?

Problemet är nog att marknaden är översvämmad av liknande spel, samt att Fortnite inte släpper sitt grepp.

signatur

FZ - SAMLADE SKRIFTER: #walter_iego

Releasehästryttare

Tror aldrig jag skrev ner det när spelet släpptes, men det va ett stort misstag att ta betalt up front för detta spel, tror spelet hade fått en skara hardcore spelare som lirat det och köpt microtransactioner om det hade varit free to play från början.

Skriv svar