Reality mod review

Medlem
Reality mod review

För er som har missat REALITY MOD här har ni en bra review

http://www.totalbf2.com/page.php?do=prmmreview

signatur

Im a First Person Killer

Medlem

Hmm bara jag som tycker att det är mycket snack kring just reality mod?

signatur

Videomupp

Medlem

reality mod äger

signatur

Im a First Person Killer

Medlem

Lysande mod, bättre än BF2 på många sätt, imo.

signatur

I would never lie. I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation. - Fox Mulder

Medlem

Kan bara hålla med...vill man inte lira arcad så blir den här lite av en annan klass! Ps klart man gillar BF2 men det här är en helt annan grej.

signatur

Alfa Bertil

Medlem

Kan någon istället för att säga "Det är sååå mycket bättre än VBF2" klämma ur sig vad som är bra?

Jag tänkte att det är ju värt att testa när en hel del verkar positiva till det hela. Sagt och gjort, 2 timmar sniping senare kan jag bara konstatera att jag inte märkte någon skillnad förutom att man inte träffar lika lätt med vapnen (sniper undantaget), men att alla istället dör direkt. När CS var som värst med snipning (runt 0.7-1.0), ungefär så känns PRMM för mig. Folk ligger på varsin sida av en naturlig linje och skjuter på varandra.

Medlem

Alltså, kan någon klipp&klistra texten för det står inget på sidan när jag får upp den :S

signatur

För din skull: www.piratpartiet.se

Medlem

http://www.totalbf2.com/page.php?do=reviewprmm

You may have heard of Project Reality, and wondered what sort of changes it can bring to the table. And it's a pretty big table, because if the concept of reality-based gameplay interests you, then I'm guessing that you've got very high standards, and already have quite a laundry list of pet peeves you'd like to see addressed. So, let's start at the top, and see if Project Reality has what it takes to be the modification you've been dreaming of since the first time you spawned onto the battlefield.

Game Modes

Do you want to play Conquest? How about Conquest? Oh, and my personal favorite; Conquest. Yeah, I'm pretty sick of it too. After playing for about 5 months, I've grown tired of the free-for-all attitude and complete chaos that non-stop Conquest has infected an otherwise pretty fantastic game with.

There's no doubt that this limitation has placed a huge burden on the modding community. So it couldn't have been easy, but Project Reality not only managed to bring two highly anticipated game modes to life, but they also surprised the community with a completely new and unique game mode. And of course, there's the familiar Conquest, which I was just complaining about, but is sure to feel a little fresher whenever new content is thrown it's way.

The most interesting of the three new modes is called “Extraction”, a Project Reality original mode, which offers two objectives depending on which team you're playing on. The offensive side must successfully move a “high-tier VIP” from one end of the map to the other in a black SUV, while the defensive side must do everything in it's power to stop this from happening. Rounds tend to be short and action packed, but difficult and satisfying.

More familiar to the gamer coming from the standard Conquest game mode, will be “Single Objective” and “Advance and Secure”.

Single Objective, much like it sounds, is where each team has a specific target to focus their attack on, while simultaneously protecting their own.

Advance and Secure is nearly identical to Conquest, except that the flags must be captured in order. If that sounds simple, think again. This tiny change completely alters your strategy, and anything short of a complete submission to teamwork will result in a devastating loss for your team. (Note: All but one map image below is for Advance and Secure, and illustrates exactly how the bases must be captured)

New Maps

A quick peek into my “levels” folder reveals 22 maps. Eight of these are the original EA created maps that you're oh-so-very-used-to, albeit somewhat modified. Two maps that you might notice missing are Operation Clean Sweep and Wake Island, but don't fret; because that leaves 14 maps, 6 of which are brand new to the community through this release. So, without further delay, I'd like to introduce you to the following brand new battlefields:

CP Abandan - Muttrah City

Jabal Al Burj - Road to Kyongan'Ni

Jungle Fever - Operation Nightshift

New Assets

So, you didn't think that the Project Reality team was going to let you run around their brand new maps with those old boring Battlefield 2 skins did you? One of the most important aspects of creating a realistic atmosphere for Project Reality was to completely re-skin and render everything in the game to be as accurate and visually stunning as possible. For a complete list of what's been accomplished so far, be sure to visit the media section at the official forums:

Project Reality Media Gallery

The Difference In Reality

Okay, admit it, you got pretty excited when I suggested the possibility of an intelligent Battlefield 2 experience. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. You've had your fun and now you want something new. Something grittier. Something with a little organization to it. And you can trust that the Project Reality team is dedicated to fulfilling those needs.

In fact, the team has several members who have been active in the Military. They know what the reality of combat is like, and that's why they're putting so much work into this mod. I can't stress enough that this is not just visually a total conversion modification. Every aspect of the game, from ballistics to the reward system, have been overhauled to give the most genuine experience possible. You can see just a snippet of what's been altered so far by reading the official Release Additions/Change Log here:

PRMM v.03 Release Information

The release notes did a wonderful job of fully confusing me and making me feel really stupid, so the majority of you with IQ's that are multiples of my own should feel quite at home diving into the technicals. Here's one quotable explanation about how the point system has been reworked that I particularly enjoyed:

The concept is rather simple. The target’s rating is a derivation of a target’s designated threat priority (listed below), and a calculated worth value, (which is calculated based on kills, deaths, and overall score, as compared to an average player in the game).

Did you catch all of that? Well, even if you didn't, here's a quick list of changes that I think are worth mentioning:

- If you are in the vicinity of either your commander or squad leader, you will receive a 25% additional point bonus, and if you are in the vicinity of both, you will receive a 50% point bonus!

-At the end of the round, players will be rewarded based upon their survival rating. The more enemies that were killed, and the less deaths you sustain, the higher your bonus. Victim bonuses vary according to the mode in which they died.

-When a teammate scores a point, you will receive 25% of its point value.

-When a squad member scores a point, you will receive an additional 25% of its point value (50% total).

-Changed medic defibrillator's to work on a battery charge system. Each Medic carries a battery capable of 6 revive charges. These can be re-supplied at any supply point.

-Added SLAM to Special Ops classes. This is a timed explosive device on a 15 second timer, less powerful than C4, quantity 3.

-Airstrips, Helipads and Carriers will take much longer to rearm and repair aircraft. You will need to land to repair and rearm an aircraft.

-Added 50% increase in blast radius, 50% increase in explosion force and 30% increase in bomb damage to mk82 and MEC/PLA 250 bombs (F18, J10, Mig29)

-Added attrition spawning system; for each death 1 second is added to your "you were killed" time (aka respawn time), to a maximum of 30 seconds. This does not affect your "man down" time (the time which you can be revived).

-Added a squad hopping penalty system. When a DEAD player changes squads their respawn time will be increased by 30 seconds the next time they respawn.

-Removed Artillery and Supply drop capabilities from Commander. These can ONLY be granted at the request of a Squad Leader. The buttons still show in the Commander HUD, but are only there to show the reloading status of these assets.

-On most maps all CPs can now be captured, including Aircraft Carriers. The last CP owned by a team will take a long time to capture and the radius is very large.

-On most maps UAV and Radar will never respawn once completely destroyed. When they are completely destroyed they will disappear from the map.

So, what's it like to play this game anyway?

With upwards of 30 second spawn times, a lack of cross-hairs, and listening to yourself bleed to death but not knowing how much longer you have to live, there is bound to be a significant chunk of the community that might get too aggravated with the game to really give it a chance. After all, the standard Battlefield 2 game was created with the feel of an arcade game on purpose. On one hand, EA felt that having fun was more important than realism, and with the other, they pointed to the modding community knowing full well that not everyone would agree. It was actually this quote by EA that helped to inspire Project Reality's inception:

"Battlefield is all about fun, action-oriented gameplay. We'll leave the truly realistic experiences to the mod teams who thrive on that type of action." (DICE)

As far as how it plays? Well... that's honestly going to be a very personal and varying experience. Most likely there will be things that you like and others that you do not. Personally, the spawn times really killed some of the fun for me, and the sounds my character makes after being badly wounded were a bit distracting.

However, and I'll continue to stress this point with each modification's pre-release: If you have questions, concerns, comments or just want to show your support and/or interest, please drop by the Project Reality forums, discuss the modification on Totalbf2.com, and visit the servers as often as possible so that you can keep the battle alive. The more input you provide, the better the mod will get. It's as simple as that.

Medlem

Tackar så mycket för hjälpen Karmalicious.
Modden verkar helt klart intressant, dock är jag inte sugen på 30+ sekunders spawntid, det är ju bara löjligt.

signatur

Medlem
Skrivet av Burglar:

Tackar så mycket för hjälpen Karmalicious.
Modden verkar helt klart intressant, dock är jag inte sugen på 30+ sekunders spawntid, det är ju bara löjligt.

Du behöver inte vänta 30 sekunder för att spawna. I PRMM så spelar vi så kallat TEAMWORK, du blir alltså revivad av någon i din squad om du dör. Squaden håller ihop.

Jag har för mig att Teamwork inte finns i vBF2, är det inte så? Och så är det en mycket mognare crowd som spelar PRMM.

Inaktiv

Satsade dom inte på perma-death förut?

signatur

Serious Rabarber Squad, Kravlöst i BF2 sen 2005
Spasdar: Aldrig att Starforce _förstör_ hårdvaran

Medlem
Skrivet av TheEdge|Jinx:

Du behöver inte vänta 30 sekunder för att spawna. I PRMM så spelar vi så kallat TEAMWORK, du blir alltså revivad av någon i din squad om du dör. Squaden håller ihop.

Jag har för mig att Teamwork inte finns i vBF2, är det inte så? Och så är det en mycket mognare crowd som spelar PRMM.

Mmm, jo jag är fullt medveten om vad teamwork är men försök att reviva någon som fått artilleri på sig eller sprängd i bitar. :rolleys:

signatur

Inaktiv

cry me a river. varför klagar alla på spawn tiden.
Det finns en anledning till att dom satt en längre spawn tid och det är för att det inte ska bli som i VBF2 det vill säga. 30 pers som tror dom är terminator eller rambo och springer runt som en idiot och förstör spelets charm.

Gillar man inte en aning längre spawn tid så ska man inte ladda hem modden. Men som sagt PRMM bjuder på mer TM och en väldigt mycket roligare och bättre spel upplevelse än vanliga BF2

Medlem
Skrivet av pimpim:

Men som sagt PRMM bjuder på mer TM och en väldigt mycket roligare och bättre spel upplevelse än vanliga BF2

Folk säger det, men inte vad det är som skulle vara bättre eller roligare.

Inaktiv

jag kan inte svara på vad folket skulle tycka vara roligare. Det enda jag vet är att det bjuder på mer realism och lagarbete.
Enligt mig och tydligen alla andra som har fattat tycke för PRMM så är det roligare än att lira vanliga BF2 och vara Lonewolf #1 och skita i allt och alla. Enligt mig så förstör det glädjen med spelet.

Men jag kan inte svara på vad var och en som lirar BF ska gilla. Eftersom du inte ser så stor glädje i den här modden så tycker jag att du ska hålla dig till orginalet eftersom att där kan du förvänta dig det som du är van vid. Så enkelt är det.

Medlem

Det är inte så mycket vad jag är van vid. Det är möjligt att PRMM uppmanar till lagarbete mer och man därför ser det mer där, men eftersom det helt är upp till de som spelar spelet, så ser jag egentligen inte hur det skulle skilja sig. En grupp klarar sig bättre i VBF2 också.

Så jag antar att det är den ökade realismen dårå.

Inaktiv

ja men grejen är den att det är i princip omöjligt att hitta en squad i VBF2 som verkligen använder sig av TM. Och eftersom att det krävs minst 1-2 squads med TM för att striden ska flyta på bra utan en massa klungor med 100 soldater i den så förstör ju det i princip hela servern.

Om man svart på vitt ska jämföra VBF2 med PRMM så håller sig 95% av spelarna på servern av TM. Detta gör att laget och du själv spelar bättre och i och med det så blir det roligare om man nu förstås inte gillar att dö 3 gånger i minuten som man oftast gör när man hamnar i träsket där 40 soldater och 10 APC och pansarvagnar befinner sig. Anledningen till att det har blivit som der blivit i VBF2 beror till 90% det globala rankingsystemet där alla vill ha så mycket poäng som möjligt så att dom kan få en fjantig liten medalj eller ett nytt vapen. Där har du skillnaderna.
PRMM har helt enkelt en mognare spelarkrets

Inaktiv

PRMM verkar ju faktiskt bli ganska kul, även om folk har "eldat" det rätt rejält.

Citat:

-Added a squad hopping penalty system. When a DEAD player changes squads their respawn time will be increased by 30 seconds the next time they respawn.

Synd bara att den där effekten var tilllagd, eftersom den förstör för t.ex. dom som kanske gör ett misstag eller två.

Men för övrigt verkar den bli ganska kul, den här modden! Synd bara att man inte kommer kunna köra den på rankade servers... :\

signatur

I would rather be infamous than not famous at all!

Inaktiv

inte helt sant. du kan använda dig ut av ett sk alternative battlefield ranking system. För mer info gå in på www.battlefieldranking.net för mer info

Inaktiv

Just nu kan jag bara få ur mej ett enda ord, och det är: Öh?

signatur

I would rather be infamous than not famous at all!

Medlem

På tal om Realitymod, någon som har en hyffsad lista på servrar som kör realitymod? jag får inte fram en endaste när jag startar modden.

signatur

Inaktiv

om du inte får upp någon kan det bero på att du har senaste patchen.
Annars ska du klicka i endast samma version och samma mod i filter rutan.
eller gå in på denna sida: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=gamevariant%3Dp...

Och det jag menade med alternative battlefield ranking är att det är ett ranking system som stödjer PRMM.

Medlem

Tackar, dock kör jag ju med senaste patchen så då är jag väl rökt tills dom gör en uppdatering (kan man ju hoppas)

signatur

Medlem

Jag körde PRMM med senaste patchen. Det gick bra att med deras inställningar få upp PRMM servrar.

Inaktiv

jo jag har märkt att det finns servrar som har uppdaterat till 1.30

Men mina favorit servrar har inte uppdaterat än så jag tänker inte heller göra det.

och som sagt ifall ni vill spela på rankade servrar så är det bara att ladda hem ''ABR''

Det ranking systemet är mycket bättre än det som används i vanliga BF2

Skriv svar