Inaktiv
FPS problem

Har slängt in denna post:en på ett par olika ställen och tänkte att det va lika bra att höra här också.

Skriven på engelska, men ni är väll utbildade antar jag

Här är problemet.

--------------------------------------------------

I worked countless hours to try and solve this issue but nothing works.
This is a long post, sorry about that but atleast i can share what i know and what i've done to try and fix it.

Problem: FPS dropping to around 20-40 FPS in big crowded areas,
nowhere else.
The FPS drops only happens when there are 4+ players in the same area.

I doubt its the map itself that makes my FPS drop since i can run around on my own server with no FPS drops what so ever.
As for Singleplayer i have all the graphic settings maxed and not so much as one FPS drop.
On all other new games i've tried i can max all graphic settings and get excellent FPS.

I've read the UpsetChaps guide about ten times by now(http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake4/Quake4Guide.htm).
I've done one every single connection, framerate and visual tweak.
I've tried ALL the different CFG:s and done some tweaking on my own aswell. Also tried the AMD Dual Core updates/fixes and offcourse used the
r_useSMP command along with every single Quake 4
console command that can improve your FPS.
Well basically i've done everything you can get off that site.

I've also tried changing alot of settings with Q2MAX to improve FPS,
and i've tried benchmarking at places where i know my FPS drops to see if i can get improvments. No luck.
I've used the NetTimeDemo id_demo001.netdemo to see what FPS improvments i can get with new graphic settings, tweaks, drivers and CFG:s. Got it up to 84FPS.
But still dropping to around 50FPS in some fights on that demo.

So, conclusion. My FPS has improved a bit in some areas but this is just added to areas where i already had way over 60FPS. It still drops to
20-40 FPS in big fights, making it impossible to play.

I know Radeon cards are not ideal for Quake 4 and games with the same engine but still, please 60FPS is that too much to ask for?

My computer:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
4200+ 2.2GHz Socket 939
Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
GFX Card: Sapphire Radeon X1900 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express
Memory (x2): Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 1024mb CL.2.5
Monitor: Samsung LCD Syncmaster 940BF 2MS

Latest BIOS drivers, latest motherboard chipset drivers
(Nvidia nForce), latest graphic card drivers, latest monitor drivers, just formated harddrive and a clean install of both Windows and Quake 4.
Also tried with 3 diffrent network cards with both old and new drivers.

Hoppas vi har nån uber hacker här som kan ge svar på tal!

Inaktiv

hm, enda jag kan komma på är ljudet. prova ändra lite ljudinställningar, brukar har stor del i fpsen

Medlem

din dator är trasig, köp en ny!

Inaktiv

Har testat med 3 olika ljudkort, glömde visst skriva det.

Skrivet av astie:

din dator är trasig, köp en ny!

...eller inte eftersom den funkar perfekt i alla andra spel. Samt i olika 3d benchmarks och i alla andra testprogram jag kört.

Inaktiv

Hmm, ja.. det enda jag tror det kan vara är netcoden i Q4.. antagligen så är det dumma servers du lirar på, men om det bara hade funnits botar i Q4 så skulle du ju testat att starta ett eget lir med massa botar o se om det hade hänt samma sak - men nu går det inte I alla fall, vad har du för internetinställningar? Rate, osv.

Inaktiv
Medlem

Nog inte ditt problem, men jag fick problem när jag hade 2 skärmar. Kopplade inte först vad det var för fel pga det enbart skedde i några enstaka lir.

signatur

"No pit would be complete without the Freeman climbing out of it."

Inaktiv

En ide kan ju vara att prova spela pa LAN mot 5+ pers.

Och kanske testa fran en annan internetuppkoppling.

Medlem
Skrivet av Whorechild:

Hmm, ja.. det enda jag tror det kan vara är netcoden i Q4.. antagligen så är det dumma servers du lirar på, men om det bara hade funnits botar i Q4 så skulle du ju testat att starta ett eget lir med massa botar o se om det hade hänt samma sak - men nu går det inte I alla fall, vad har du för internetinställningar? Rate, osv.

Jag tror att de visst ska finnas botar i q4max redan nu, dock så skjuter dom inte elelr så men man kan ju testa endå ? vet dock inte hur man får fram botarna.. står inget om de i manualen tror jag för de finns inte i q4max officiellt ännu (fast egentligen gör dom de )

Medlem
Skrivet av horea:

Har slängt in denna post:en på ett par olika ställen och tänkte att det va lika bra att höra här också.

Skriven på engelska, men ni är väll utbildade antar jag

Här är problemet.

I worked countless hours to try and solve this issue but nothing works.
This is a long post, sorry about that but atleast i can share what i know and what i've done to try and fix it.

Problem: FPS dropping to around 20-40 FPS in big crowded areas,
nowhere else.
The FPS drops only happens when there are 4+ players in the same area.

I doubt its the map itself that makes my FPS drop since i can run around on my own server with no FPS drops what so ever.
As for Singleplayer i have all the graphic settings maxed and not so much as one FPS drop.
On all other new games i've tried i can max all graphic settings and get excellent FPS.

I've read the UpsetChaps guide about ten times by now(http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake4/Quake4Guide.htm).
I've done one every single connection, framerate and visual tweak.
I've tried ALL the different CFG:s and done some tweaking on my own aswell. Also tried the AMD Dual Core updates/fixes and offcourse used the
r_useSMP command along with every single Quake 4
console command that can improve your FPS.
Well basically i've done everything you can get off that site.

I've also tried changing alot of settings with Q2MAX to improve FPS,
and i've tried benchmarking at places where i know my FPS drops to see if i can get improvments. No luck.
I've used the NetTimeDemo id_demo001.netdemo to see what FPS improvments i can get with new graphic settings, tweaks, drivers and CFG:s. Got it up to 84FPS.
But still dropping to around 50FPS in some fights on that demo.

So, conclusion. My FPS has improved a bit in some areas but this is just added to areas where i already had way over 60FPS. It still drops to
20-40 FPS in big fights, making it impossible to play.

I know Radeon cards are not ideal for Quake 4 and games with the same engine but still, please 60FPS is that too much to ask for?

My computer:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
4200+ 2.2GHz Socket 939
Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE
GFX Card: Sapphire Radeon X1900 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express
Memory (x2): Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 1024mb CL.2.5
Monitor: Samsung LCD Syncmaster 940BF 2MS

Latest BIOS drivers, latest motherboard chipset drivers
(Nvidia nForce), latest graphic card drivers, latest monitor drivers, just formated harddrive and a clean install of both Windows and Quake 4.
Also tried with 3 diffrent network cards with both old and new drivers.

Hoppas vi har nån uber hacker här som kan ge svar på tal!

Fick du någon lösning på allt? jag har lite (jättelite) bättre dator, och exakt samma problem! Blir galen, sitter på 80-100fps, men när jag körde med nvidia 6600GT och en amd 64 3200+ hade jag typ samma, WTF är det med det?

Skriv svar