Want help from Swedish people

Medlem
Want help from Swedish people

Hello to all Swedish people, I searched at google and found this forum, I hope you can help me.

1) I wish to go Sweden for summer holiday.
I always like to see Sweden. I don't know, but I have an attraction to northwest Europe, especially Scandinavia. This will be an opportunity to travel and sideseeing.
But I have some question and want you to guide me for Sweden.
- Is there any restriction while coming to Sweden? How about visa and passport procedures?
- What can you tell about cultures, likes, dislikes etc. I don't want to disturb people because of lack of knowledge.
- Where should I visit at Sweden? What are the best cities and places to see?
- Can you suggest any hotels to stay on those cities?
- Is there anything else I should know?

2) I use http://www.seslisozluk.com for all my turkish-english or english-turkish translations. It is a practical dictionary. Can you recommend me such dictionary for swedish-english?

Thanks.

Medlem

- What can you tell about cultures, likes, dislikes etc. I don't want to disturb people because of lack of knowledge.

People in sweden aren't really friendly against tourist at all if you compare with other countries. Swedish people sure like their own personal space.

Marhaba, nasilsin?

You will probably need a VISA if you come from Turkey.

The culture is not really rich - swedish people think they have culture but I have never seen proof of it

Anyway, I recommend you go to the north of Sweden - there's nice nature and not so much people. I believe you will be able to find a hotel in almost any town or city.

And, if you can speak english it should be enough. There isn't much else to know I believe - Sweden is quite tolerant (I don't mean the people, tho) so you can pretty much be yourself and not run into any problems. Besides the racism, you might find Sweden to be allright - there are actually nice people in some places, too.

So, good luck and welcome to Sweden.

Medlem

Merhaba, god dag.
I am thinking to go north. I hope it will be a good holiday

Medlem

I'm pretty sure that you don't need a visa A passport should be fine.

signatur

Life is like a shit-sandwich; the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

Medlem
Skrivet av Bonecrusher:

What can you tell about cultures, likes, dislikes etc. I don't want to disturb people because of lack of knowledge.

I do not think there is a big risk that you disturb, swedes are in my opinion tolerant people. Just do not do anything noisy and do not litter and everything will be fine.

Skrivet av Bonecrusher:

Where should I visit at Sweden? What are the best cities and places to see?

Where to go depends on what you want to see.

Stockholm in middle-east Sweden is the capital and swedens biggest city, and there are the Kings Castle and the Wasa museum (the big ship that sunk at it's maiden voyage).

To the middle-west is Gothenburg - swedens next largest city, in my opinion a nice city to stroll around in if you want many stores, but not so many people.

Southern Sweden has many green fields and is flat, middle sweden has two great lakes - Vänern and Vettern.

Norh-west has great mountains if you want to ski or just enjoy the nature. North-east is pretty boring though. Middle Sweden and the north-middle has forests.

Skrivet av Bonecrusher:

Can you recommend me such dictionary for swedish-english?

I think your english is just enough, most people in ages 18 to 30 speaks english.

signatur

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their behaviour.

Medlem

Swedish english dictionary: http://lexin2.nada.kth.se/sve-eng.html

"Svenska till engelska" = Swedish to english, and the other way around.

- Swedes drink alot on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Swedes don't like obnoxious people, except on Friday and Saturday night, when they usually turn that way themselves.
- Swedes will politely answer questions posed to them to the best of their knowledge.
- If you want to talk to swedes, start with the weather

Youth hostels: http://www.svif.se/content?page=101
More touristish info: http://www.visitsweden.com/Default____34593.aspx

Have a nice vacation!

Medlem

My only advice is that you should go see the nature in Sweden and not just visit the big cities (stockholm, gothenburg etc), i can really recommend that you go to the Swedish archipelago, the westcoast outside of Gothenburg is really nice aswell as outside of Stockholm on the westcoast.

And don't listen to Drunken_monkey_boxer & denbästaantisocial, most people in Sweden tend to be very nice and helpful, at least outside of Stockholm.

signatur

I can't even tell you at the moment, what at the moment means....even momentarily.

Medlem

I agree with Rissan, but don't forget to spend a little time in southern Sweden as well, the area around Ystad is nice in the summer. (There are helpful people in Stockholm as well, me for instance )

Don't listen to "denbästaantisocial", he accuses swedes of being racist, but at the same time he claims that we don't have any culture. I wonder who the racist is.

red: Nån mer än jag som tycker det är lite underligt att vår turkiske vän lyckats pricka in "allmänt prat". Paranoid som jag är misstänker jag en komplott

signatur

För de ord, som till andra man har sagt, ofta man bitter får böta.

Inaktiv
Skrivet av Hwergelmer:

red: Nån mer än jag som tycker det är lite underligt att vår turkiske vän lyckats pricka in "allmänt prat". Paranoid som jag är misstänker jag en komplott

Japp, luktar skumt lång väg.

Medlem
Skrivet av teX:
Skrivet av Hwergelmer:

Undrar vad vår kära turkiske vän tjänar på det här om han ändå är svensk egentligen^^

Inaktiv
Skrivet av Famest:
Skrivet av teX:
Skrivet av Hwergelmer:

Undrar vad vår kära turkiske vän tjänar på det här om han ändå är svensk egentligen^^

Ett gott skratt kanske. Ingen aning. >_<

vadå menar ni att turkar är dumma? att de inte kan hitta rätt..?

jag är inte racist - jag påpekar bara hur jag uppfattar de flesta svenskar.

Medlem
Skrivet av denbästaantisocial:

vadå menar ni att turkar är dumma? att de inte kan hitta rätt..?

En turk behöver inte vara dum för att inte kunna hitta rätt på en svensk sida... inte dummare än en svensk som inte hittar på en turkisk sida.

Din racist-kommentar får du nog förklara, jag fattar den inte... skulle du vara rascist mot svenskar eller vad?

Hwelmergelmer - att åka till södra sverige är ingen ide för någon från turkiet, då kan ha ju lika gäna stanna hemma... ok, det skulle vara klimatet då!

signatur

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Medlem

Du menar att du är rasist?

istället för att försöka verka vara mogen och försöka förklara mig så säger jag bara: "jomenvisst, fint väder idag. såg ni matchen förresten?" samtidigt som jag tänker för mig själv "fyfan vilka idioter" och tålmodigt väntar på att få berätta mer om detta för mina vänner.

Medlem

Hur fick ni egentligen det till att denbästaantisocial skulle vara racist? Helt otroligt.

Medlem

Undrar hur han skapade sitt konto?

I really recommend northern Sweden, i've only been in north-east at the polar-circle and it is really nice.

I can also recommend Dalarna(dark part of the map). It's where Vasaloppet is.

signatur

dom förnedrar hela Gamer-world!!!

Medlem

istället för att försöka verka vara mogen och försöka förklara mig så säger jag bara: "jomenvisst, fint väder idag. såg ni matchen förresten?" samtidigt som jag tänker för mig själv "fyfan vilka idioter" och tålmodigt väntar på att få berätta mer om detta för mina vänner.

Du måste inte välja mellan att verka mogen och att verka vara en idiot. Ett tips är att inte skriva vad du tänker.

Skrivet av jingai:

Hur fick ni egentligen det till att denbästaantisocial skulle vara racist? Helt otroligt.

Han sade bla:
"jag är inte racist - jag påpekar bara hur jag uppfattar de flesta svenskar"

Att dra alla svenskar över en kant är precis lika illa som att säga att alla invandrare inte kan köra bil, är ett arbetslöst pack som luktar svett. Nej... det är värre.

signatur

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Medlem
Skrivet av Hwergelmer:

"one more still I as think that am slightly strange to our Turkish friend succeed censure into "general talk" paranoia as I am suspect I action conspiracy" ?

no, there is not a conspiracy

Skrivet av Famest:

"Wonder how our dear Turkish friend serve at that here if he yet is Swedish actually"

Hey, please do not blame me

If forum users don't think me as real, there are some sites for info and photos of me:
http://bonecrusher.sosyomat.com/
http://bonecrusherr.stumbleupon.com/about/

Skrivet av m0rfar:

Swedish english dictionary: http://lexin2.nada.kth.se/sve-eng.html

thank you, this is really a good site. It even supports turkish.
http://lexin.nada.kth.se/sve-tur.html

Medlem

Cities to visit: Stockholm and Gothenborg. I guess you will find people in large cities (we only have 2 in sweden...) a bit more accesible as a stranger compared to small ones
(eg, talking to unknown peoples at a pub or restaurant might not label you as "wierd and scary" )

(unless, ofcurse, its friday or saturnday and people are drunk. Im not kidding, alcohol is really the social glue of swedes. and we use it abundandly)

Im not sure about the views of drugs in Turkey, but from my experience its much more of a sensitive topic in sweden (eg, smoking weed is more or less considered to be on the level of doing heroine. it is not at all as common as in the rest of europe)

the country is most beautiful in the south (large open fields). try and rent a bike and ride around the countryside of "skåne" (southern part of sweden).

middel part is mostly forest and small villages.

north part (now we talk FAR north!) is nice, go for a trek!

the arkipelago outside stockholm is nice, and accesible with ferries from around stockholm.

if you like music, try one of the festivals. hultsfred is somewhat like roskilde, but smaller and with younger audience. (http://www.hultsfredsfestivalen.se/content/english/)

the festival "way out west" in gothenburg have kick-ass band list, but is slightly overpriced (120? for two day festvial).

as far as offend people... I think that you'll find us hard to offend, but also hard to get to know. (as stated above).

Medlem

welcome to Sweden, Bonecrusher

signatur

R.I.P The_maxx

det är roligare att verka vara en idiot än att verka vara mogen - att ständigt få väntade reaktioner är långtråkigt. ibland måste man experimentera lite - eller hur?

Medlem

@denbästaantisocial: don efter person. om man förväntar sig att det är lika lätt att lära känna personer i sverige som i södra europa kan man nog bli besviken... han ville veta hur svenskar är, och det var just det jag sa :).

@OP: funny thing, my supervisor showed me an old guide-book of sweden. they gave "the girls of sweden" a 2 page paragraph as a "must see". not to come of as an idiot or something, but people here are generally really beautiful (depending on tastes of curse...)

Inaktiv
Skrivet av lave:

not to come of as an idiot or something, but people here are generally really beautiful (depending on tastes of curse...)

rofl
you came off as an idiot. ^^

signatur

Give me death or give me rain - I feel so numb, better give me pain.

Medlem

Before you venture of to northern sweden you should be aware that there are vast herds of mosquitoes (stavar man så?) there.. atleast where I've been

signatur

Life is like a shit-sandwich; the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

Inaktiv

Bonecrusher i dont think you will need a dictionary you can speak your own language here in sweden because as we all know most of the turks are already here, you should actualy feel quite at home if you visit the suburbs hahaha

Medlem
Skrivet av abz:

Bonecrusher i dont think you will need a dictionary you can speak your own language here in sweden because as we all know most of the turks are already here, you should actualy feel quite at home if you visit the suburbs hahaha

Hehe. I had a neighbour a month ago that was a Turk, now I live between a couple from Iraq and a guy from Romania or something. No, I don't live in the suburb.

signatur

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their behaviour.

Inaktiv

conthox even worse!

Medlem

kom igen nu, sluta snacka bullshit. Killen vill ju åka hit som turist eftersom han finner skandinavien intressant och frågar efter tips. Varför pratar man främlingsfientlighet i den här tråden?

Hur vill ni bli behandlade när ni åker utomlands?

signatur

thank you, come again

Skriv svar