Info: Intryck från MAG

Medlem

Läst en hel del bra intryck från folk som spelat MAG och jag kan bara hålla med dem:

* The 256 player maps are really big.

Picture Battlefield Bad Company maps but with no artifical barriers between each section that unlock. So basically an entire BF Bad Company map being played on. I love the map design as well, reminds me alot of Frontlines.

With so many people in the match there's action happening everywhere usually centred around the capture points.

I just find the sense of scale in the game so refreshing. For example I was on a rooftop healing a sniper that was taking out ground troops below. The draw distance in the game is huge so way off int he distance I saw 8 or so enemies parachuting into a warzone, with another 10 or so guys from my side charging in to take them out. To the east a light armour carrier was snaking down the street ... mowed down a few of our troops. Then our side caught on and rockets started to rain on the carrier. Meanwhile in the west a pitched battle was happening over another control point as 20 guys on either side collided in a warehouse.

Battles for control points are frigging intense ... as in OMG are nailbiter intense. But not stupid like how Killzone 2 would get.

The game rewards you for playing smart. Game is also one of the first I've played where supression fire makes a massive difference. LIght machine guns can still get some decent distance on them so you can force snipers to duck for cover while your squad runs across the open distance to cover ....

So many things I like about MAG ... just kind of spilling out some impressions.

Best moment of the night ... I managed to get behind the driver seat of a light armoured carrier. I had no gunner with me. I turn a corner and 10 enemies are parachuting in. I pancaked at least 4 of them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* In all honesty the 64 player game mode did not prepare me for the sheer spectacle of a full on 256 player Domination map. Totally different experience both in terms of how the game flows as well as the feeling of being in a warzone.

My buddy and I just kept on "ooohing and ahhing" as the match ramped up.

Look at your time in lvl 1 - 10 as training for Domination. I can't wait to get in with a good clan/squadmates and tear shit up. I can also see that leadership skills will be REALLY important down the road and make a huge difference in how Domination maps turn out.

edit: One other thing for those of you not sure ... give the game at least 2 hours to hook it's claws into you. My first hour I was kinda "meh". But then as I levelled up and things started to click I was completely sold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* I landed in a couple groups of people that were really into it. They had mic's knew all the maps and were more than happy to get me up to speed. That's when my enjoyment of the game really started.

#blogg

signatur

- I mean gaming journalists look bad just writing about stuff, but when you put them in front of a camera...a whole new dimension of bad is created.

Medlem

Har bara hamnat i skitgrupper än så länge tyvärr..

signatur

Don't tell me i got no life, im a gamer, i got millions.

Medlem

Älskade den förra betan.
Men nu kommer jag inte in i en enda match.
Och detta är efter dem har fixat dem första server problemen.
Får väl vänta tills det släpps innan jag kan spela det igen.

Medlem

Spelade idag i tre timmar, fungerade jättebra. Men visst uppstår det problem. Zipper ska fixa en patch väldigt snart för linloggs problemen. Det är detta BETA:n är till för. Hitta dessa problem innan release.

signatur

- I mean gaming journalists look bad just writing about stuff, but when you put them in front of a camera...a whole new dimension of bad is created.

Medlem

Jag hade lite kul med det spelet men jag hade också en del problem med det.

För det första ska granater aldrig vara ett eget vapen.

Kontroll-layouten känns väldigt stel och ofärdig och har dessutom en knapp som knappt används, som kunde använts till t.ex. granater.

När man ska respawna och kommer på i sista sekund att man vill byta klass måste man vänta 18 sekunder till.

Pistolen är helt värdelös till en början, man skjuter som om man hade stelkramp i fingret (dvs. ungefär ett skott per skottår). Jag har lyckats döda en stackare som lyckades tömma ett magasin mot mig, ladda om och börja skjuta igen innan han föll död. Då hade jag tömt halva mitt pistolmagasin.

Laddar man om kan man inte använda kniven.

Jag gillar att man har statisk hälsa, det gör att LMGn borde vara farligare när man är i grupp. Det är den inte.

Sprint-toggle är bra men varför kan jag inte toggle-a ut?

Spelet blir dessutom förmodligen dubbelt så skoj om man spelar med en squad man känner och inte en där alla spelar varsin rap-låt i micen.

Overall känns spelet som det är på samma nivå som Battlefield 2. Nu är visserligen BF2 väldigt bra men det släpptes för fem år sedan!

Skriv svar