Medlem
The map

This map is not very pretty, I know, but the point of it is to make you understand my brilliant game not to show off my artistic skills.

[ia=25434; large]

When you spawn in the game you will always spawn on a different location. This location, however, is always inside a building. The spawn is also calculated so the zombies will not be right outside the door. I want the players to have time to explore before the shit hits the fan.

I want the environment to be filled with different kinds of buildings so the exploring would be more exciting. At the beach there are luxurious homes and buildings and the “uptown” has more service buildings and buildings with smaller apartments. There are police stations, hospitals, schools, universities, small factories, shops etc. The player can enter all the buildings and there are always random items to find inside. All the buildings has a distinct look to make it easy for the player to find the right building just by looking at it.

On the street you might find a car that you can use as transportation. To use the car you have to check if there is enough gas in the tank. If not, you might go looking for some. Gasoline can be used for other items as well but I will get more into that later.

The park is mostly to increase the atmosphere of the game but will also be used as the main entrance to the sewers. Then you enter the sewers you will be able to open the other entrances to the sewer that are placed all over the map. The sewer will be the only place where the player can hide safely because of the fact the zombies cant break through the iron doors and lids that secures the sewer. (Thanx for the tip sidusidu!)

The most important thing to understand when playing this game is that the spawns are always random even the player spawn. This makes every gaming session a totally unique experience. Another aspect that contributes to the replayability is the fact that you are playing with other people.

Next time: Gameplay mechanics!!!

#blogg

Medlem
The map

Märkte att du skrev "random items" vilket då automatiskt gav min tanke, kommer det vara slumpade saker som passar in i de husen (sjukhus = health saker etc) eller kommer det vara desto mer slumpartat.
Nu har jag i sig inte någon större koll på det hela då jag inte läst någon av dina andra bloggar men personligen så känns det som en viktig del att vapen etc passar in i sin omgivning.
Att man exv inte hittar bensin inuti en lägenhet då man ytterst sällan har det där utan mer på logiska ställen såsom en mack, garage etc.

Medlem

Oups. Tog mig tid att läsa de föregående bloggarna, verkar som du redan hade tänkt på det

Medlem

Tanken är att man som ny spelare skulle kunna följa ett logiskt tankesätt för att hitta de saker som man behöver. Bensin kan hittas vid bensinstationen och läkemedel i sjukhuset o.s.v.

Skriv svar