Sony Online Entertainment-chefen John Smedley hoppas att spelarna ska stanna kvar till 2025.
#Sony Online Entertainment-chefen John Smedley har minst sagt ambitiösa och långsiktiga planer för #Planetside 2. Förhoppningen är att få spelarna att stanna kvar till 2025 (!), och detta ska uppnås genom en rad punkter som utvecklarna just nu jobbar med.
– Vi har spel som körts över 13 år, så när vi gör Planetside 2 tittar vi inte på hur det är 2012. Vi funderar över ett spel vi planerar att köra 2025.
Det verkar finnas många idéer för att spelet ska kunna hållas levande så länge, men först och främst jobbar utvecklarna efter en treårsplan. Den detaljeras mer i nedanstående ruta.
What are your plans for the future?
First off, we have a 3 year plan. That's really big. We plan on putting that out to the users at some point in the near future. This isn't some "vision" we plan on imparting on our players. It's our thoughts on what we think would be cool. We will listen to our users feedback and make changes based on that feedback. We think we have some killer ideas but our players have pretty good ones too! I want to be super clear here - these are just some of the ideas. The team has a ton.
Here are just a few cornerstone ideas we are considering. I want to be crystal clear and say that these are NOT promises these are ideas.. some of which may be canned. That thinking can change. It can even change fast. I just want you to understand we are looking to support this game for a very long time and add a lot of features to it.
1) Player Owned bases - we plan on releasing continents that are empty or partially empty where players can build their own bases. These are open world bases so others will be able to attack them. We're also planning on having these continents heavily resource based with new resource types that will be very rare..and lots of cool new stuff that can be built out of these new resources.
2) Harvestable resources - imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting.
3) Water between continents - seamlessly - this is really hard tech, but our goal is to make the whole planet seamless and allow water based vehicles.
4) Lots more vehicles and weapons - just what it sounds like. Many of these will take very rare resources to make.
5) NPC enemies - I don't want to call this PVE. That's not exactly what we have in mind. More like a global invasion that goes after everybody. This isn't a bunch of quest givers saying "go kill 10 rats" - this is bad ass aliens that want to gut you.
6) NPC armies - imagine as the commander of a base sending an NPC army towards another base MOBA style except it's in the middle of the Planetside 2. This isn't another game mode. It's all part of the same game.
7) Esports support - we plan on doing this pretty soon after launch. We plan on making this a big big thing and putting a lot of our resources behind it.
9) Mac version (soon after launch).
Läs hela John Smedleys matiga blogginlägg om alla hans Planetside 2-tankar här.