Relativt okända #Echelon Software meddelar att de snickrar på en shooter vid namn #Black Powder Red Earth. Det handlar om taktiskt onlinepangande i mindre skala, med tonvikt på sociala aspekter och virtuell shopping. Själva stridandet äger rum på planeten Mars sisådär 40 år framåt i tiden och spelet drivs av #Epics mäkta populära spelmotor Unreal Engine 3. Något premiärdatum ges inte, men däremot finns bilder och en film att kika på.
New York, NY- Jun 26, 2007 Echelon Software announces Black Powder Red Earth, a multiplayer-only first-person shooter that combines highly stylized visuals and fast-moving tactical action with a persistent virtual marketplace and social network. Co-designed by former US Special Operations Forces members and private security contractors with operational experience in 32 countries on four continents, including Afghanistan and Iraq, BPRE captures the insane pace of high speed direct action missions like no game ever before!
"Rather than build an elaborate 3D world space, BPRE uses the same framework commonly found on the Web for social networking. Players are already used to creating and managing online identities on sites like Myspace and Orkut. They are also buying and selling real and virtual products on sites like Ebay, iTunes and Amazon. By using these familiar tools, BPRE keeps the learning curve as flat as possible," says Jon Chang, president of Echelon. "Best of all, unbinding these activities from the game executable gives players access to the world of BPRE either from inside the game or from the outside via any Web-enabled device. Persistence is the real world, anytime the players want it."
Set on Mars in 2043, Players act as mercenary soldiers executing contracts for warring corporations in a variety of urban/industrial sprawls, using bleeding edge weapons in hi-tech team based battles for virtual currency that can be used to purchase new weapons, upgrade existing weapons, buy armor and tactical enhancements to fine tune their in-game experience. As players rank up, they will also be able to open their own mercenary franchises. These franchises provide a base for recruiting other players into a clan, offer in- game advantages for members and allow the owners to open their own storefronts that compete against the game MSRPs and can generate "cash" from new players of the game.
Black Powder Red Earth Features:
Game features include:
* Multiplayer-only, allowing up to 16 players to battle online together
* Next-generation graphics powered by Unreal Engine 3
* 8 contract campaign plays out in a detailed near-future 3D environments
* Earn "virt cash" to collect more than 100 parts and accessories
* Customize weapons, browse for new items, and build a career in a familiar Web interface in- game or from any Web browser at any time!
* Build a franchise private military company (PMC) with other players or create a competing store front to sell arms and gear to other players
* Association with former PMC operatives ensures realistic game play