#Arma 2 har nu fått smaka på den långa lagens uppdateringspiska, än en gång. Det är version 1.05 som gäller, och inklämt i den cirka 270 MB stora filen finner du en ny kampanj, nya helikoptertillägg, ett nytt diplomatiskt spelläge och en hel drös andra uppdateringar.
Värt att notera är att uppdateringen funkar med Steam-versionen av spelet, men om du synkar av spelets filcache mot Steam, eller kör autouppdatering så blir det någon form av knas. Vad tycker du låter mest intressant i uppdateringen, och hur fungerar det i praktiken?
===Version 1.05 Highlights===
* Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
* Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
* New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for dimplomacy between factions
* Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
* Significant performance improvements, especially in large towns
* Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
* Grass now provides concealment also in distance
* Improved hit detection and damage system
* Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
* Spatial sound improvements
* Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
* Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
* Various crash opportunities fixed
* Linux server support added (dedicated server file available as separate download)
* New GUI to various dedicated server settings
* DRM free for users of legitimate installs
* Optional BattlEye anti-cheat protection
* Airplane Heads-Up displays reworked
===Update 1.05 incorporates all fixes included in previous patches, most notable are:===
* Improved multiplayer and cooperative campaign (saving games, connection issues)
* Numerous fixes and improvements in the Harvest Red campaign
* Mission editor improvements
* Many new scripting functions
* Improved AI driving skills
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
* ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 from 1.00 to 1.04 (including the Steam version, note that Verify file cache and autoupdate will not work properly until the full 1.05 is also out directly on Steam)
* DirectX 9 from August 2009 or newer is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/
Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.
It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).
Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible, if you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.
It is generally not recommended to use any savegames created in previous versions.
 Improved: Convoy movement a lot smoother, esp. on roads.
 Changed: AI gunners can autonomously use automatic weapons only when some automatic weapon is selected
 Improved: Cars are now following road turns and corners better.
 Improved: Enabled commanding during conversations.
 Improved: Helicopters now crashing less often when engaging ground targets.
 Fixed: Crash when copying trigger activated by a group.
 Fixed: AI subordinates in a player group were often not moving in combat until player has stopped.
 Fix: Dedicated server window has not react to some window messages often (such as focus loss)
 Changed: Destroy helicopter if on ground and upside down.
 Changed: Increased range of ILS signal from 3 to 8 km.
 Improved: increased VASI brightness to increase its visible range.
 New: BattlEye support
 Changed: Helicopters crash into the ground condition improved.
 Fixed: Helicopter with automatic gear control open gear earlier when main rotor failure.
 Improved: AI subordinates in a player lead group now respect formation when choosing a cover.
 Fixed: After revert, year was restored to 1985.
 New function x interpolate [xFrom,xTo,resultFrom, resultTo] can be used in simple expressions.
 Fixed: AI no longer switches to aware when player leader turns in in an armored vehicle, it only goes prone/crouch.
 Fixed: AI groups never went to "combat" when player was a tank commander, resulting in multiple "under fire" messages.
 Improved: AI subordinates in player's group now report Clear as appropriate unless player has given Danger command.
 Changed: AI now goes to Combat behavior automatically only when under fire, not when player is prone.
 Changed: AI follows leader stance, but does not switch to combat behavior when player is prone.
 Changed: Units now never enter cover while moving in compact (Delta or File) formations.
 Fixed: MP client could not use laser designator in vehicles.
 Fixed: Changing window size is no longer possible inside of video options screen.
 Improved: Longer view distance for objects when high view distance is used.
 New: FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll
 Changed: Formation direction now adjusts to human leader body direction, not a movement direction.
 Fixed: AI soldiers moving in Safe/Aware could sometimes be stuck near a bush or other objects.
 New: Scripting function enableAIFeature to disable new AI features when old behavior is required.
 Improved: AI covering units tend to stay close to each other.
 Fixed: MultiPlayer client crash caused by certain custom sound
 Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.
 Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.
 Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.
 Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.
 Fixed: Improved vehicles and motorcycles driving.
 New: Alt-Enter can be used to switch window/fullscreen while paused.
 New: Execute action with LMB can be unmapped.
 Fixed: Possible freeze under Vista/Win7 when Alt-Tabbing out of the game during progress screen.
 Fixed: Player is no more target when commanding in external view.
 New: Windowed/Fullscreen can now be switched ingame (in Video options).
 Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM.
 Fixed: Most vehicle gunners did not provide suppressive fire.
 Fixed: AI did not use suppressive fire against enemies seen while holding fire.
 Fixed: Spatial explosions sounds
 Fixed: Suppress in the commanding menu did nothing.
 New: Suppressive fire against known enemies can be scripted using unit suppressFor time.
 Fixed: After spawning new types of entities via script, game could randomly freeze or crash.
 Fixed: Airplane, helicopter, car and ship control was lost while map was active.
 Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view
 Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.
 Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels
 Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")
 Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)
 Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).
 New: IK weapon animations are now blending with primary animations.
 Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out
 Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions
 Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).
 Mouse lag can caused by GPU render ahead buffer be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.
 Fix: When player was a helicopter pilot, the AI gunner sometimes had no weapon selected on mission start
 Fix: Helicopters - when manual fire on, do not allow AI gunner to switch weapons
New: Two benchmark missions.
New: Multiplayer warfare mission: When diplomacy fails.
New: Mini campaign Eagle wing.
Fixed: Dogs of war - several fixes of scripts.
Fixed: Badlands, Dogs of war(MP) - fixed death of AI during fast travel.
Fixed: Badlands, Dogs of war(MP) - fixed buying units.
Fixed: Badlands, Dogs of war(MP) - fixed AI getting spawned at 50km height when fast traveling.
Fixed: Into the storm - several CO-OP scripts fixes.
Fixed: RPG7L loaded missile model.
Fixed: No weapons on pods from pilot view in Ka-52.
Improved: Various weapons range setting.
Fixed: ZSU and ZU-23 rate of fire.
Fixed: Get-in points in static weapons.
Improved: Hit-points system for all vehicles.
New: Civilian cars registration plates.
New: Enabled clan-sign on vehicles.
Fixed: Fade-away of Pickup and Off-road in long distance.
Fixed: Get-in point for Pickup(PKM).
New: GUI Server commanding options in MP.
Improved: GUI Servers browse.
Improved: Several fixes in dubbing.
Improved: Various vehicle/turrets optics zoom and effects changed.
For full information about the included changes between versions 1.00 and 1.04 please visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Version_History