Det nya Banjo and Kazooie spelet från skaparna Rare ser ut att försöka tävla mot Little Big Planet i att spelarna skapar och bygger. Dock är det fordon som är på tapeten i detta spel, men säkerligen bli sketabra!
- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.
- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.
- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
- The town is called Showdown Town.
- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.
Banjo (slated for November):
- Building vehicles is basically like playing with LEGO. You can always jump in and out of the vehicle editor and come right back to the game with the new design.
- Parts are easily placed and moved around. You don't have to worry about connecting the motor with the wheels for example. Just place everything so they stick together and don't get in the way.
- Vehicle designs can play a large role in missions. We saw one where you had to collect coconuts from a field and got a small truck that could suck them up. Unfortunately you couldn't fit all the coconuts in the truck and had to back and deliver them in a large barrel. We were then shown how you could create a helicopter with a hook, that could pick up this large barrel, fly to the coconut field and fly low to scoop the coconuts in the barrel.
- Physics are awesome in this game and everywhere! With one design I placed the foot-in-a-box weapon behind a propella, and when I tried to use it, the foot/boot couldn't get past the propella... well, until I used it enough times to actually kick the propella off the vehicle!
- Pixel art... imagine the possibilities (Rare already had an example of this, paying homage to a certain plumber)
- Multiplayer is great fun with the ability to either chose from pre-fabricated or own vehicle designs. It still needs some polish here and there, but showed great promise.
Vad tror ni? Jag är redan ganska hypad faktiskt, och detta trots att jag knappt spelat de gamla spelen innan. Tidigare var det enda spel som jag verkligen saknade att det inte kom till 360 var LBP, kanske kan detta spel emd Rare i ryggen kanske t.om. bli bättre?
Ska helt klart köpa det, det gamla Banjo Kazooie och Banjo Tooie till N94 ägde ju så då borde väl en 360-version vara ännu bättre förhoppningsvis.
Finns det till Wii månne? Skulle vara ganska kul att faktiskt prova. Även om jag ser mer fram emot trean
Älskade RARE's spel till N64:an, hoppas det blir bra.. Sen att det är RARE behöver ju e.g inte betyda ett skit, kanske inte ens är nån kvar från N64:a tiden, vad vet jag..
Artworken i detta spel är väldigt lik World of Warcraft i sina mest steampunkiga stunder..